Monday, June 1, 2009

An Introduction to the Characters

Throughout the course of this blog I will probably mention things that are going on with various characters of mine in the games that I play. Actually, I've already tweeted about a couple of things that have happened in WoW. So I thought it would be a good idea to give you all a quick introduction to the characters that I'm playing.

Haledar
Haledar is a Blood Elf Paladin in the World of Warcraft. Current, he's level 55 and is the highest that I've ever gotten with a character in Wow. Haledar is on what's known as a "Normal" server. His professions are Mining and Tailoring. I'm really happy with Miing as a way to make money, but I'm not as pleased with Tailoring as I hoped I'd be, except for making bags. The recipes for the higher level bags are HELLA expensive.

Skabrot
Scabrot is an Ork Warrior also in the World of Warcraft. After writing his name I realized that most people will probably read it "Scab Rot", which was reall not my intention, but things like that happen. His name is actually pronounced "SkaBROT". He's level 14 and his professions are Mining and Engineering. I'm playing him as a tank and trying to group with him a lot, so I figured that the explosives from Engineering would come in handy for threat. Skabrot is on a "PvP" server, but he's too low a level to run into much of that yet. Once I get a little higher I'll start going into battlegrounds.

Dr. Mark Walburg
Dr. Mark Walburg (A.K.A. Dr. Marky Mark) is a character in a tabletop roleplaying game called Exodus Sol. I didn't really MEAN to name him Marky Mark, but I wasn't thinking about it when I put his name down and as soon as everybody else saw it, it was too late to change anything.

I know none of you have ever hear of Exodus Sol, it's a tabletop roleplaying game that a couple of my buddies wrote up. It's a sci-fi setting where Humans have reachout to colonize Luna (the moon) and Mars. There has also been contact with one alien race. I'll go into further detail about the game and setting in a future post.

Dr. Walburg is a crazy old coot. He's 63 years old, with white hair tht's bald on top. He walks with kind of a hunch and talks like the albino from The Princess Bride did before he cleared his throat. He acts like a curious five year old with a radio, taking it apart to figure out how it works, but never able to put it together again. The difference is that Dr. Walburg is obsessed with finding alien life so that he can dissect it. He's not particularly popular with the party. There have been multiple occasions where I have creeped out not only the NPCs with this character, but also the other players and the GM.

Dr. Daniel Green
Dr. Daniel Green is also a character in a tabletop roleplaying game. The game is called Mage: The Ascension, it was part of White Wolf's old World of Darkness series before the reboot. Daniel is a medical doctor who's wife was diagnosed with a degenerative bone disorder. I've never named the disorder, or specified what its symptoms are, but I'm thinking something like Osteogenesis Imperfecta. A doctor in Japan was experimenting with a radical new procedure that could cure her, so Daniel and his wife moved to Japan. Incidentally, Daniel's unnamed wife is Japanese.

The Japanese doctor was actually a member of the Mage tradition known as the Sons of Ether. Through their work together on the procedure, Daniel's latent magical ability was awakened. He's kind of a mad scientist type with a heavy emphasis on bioengineering and gene splicing. He's a lot of fun to play.


Well, that's all the major characters that I'm currently playing. I'll be sure to introduce you to any others that I start in the future. Until later, happy gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment